Residing in a rental doesn’t have to mean living vicariously through your decor inspo Pinterest Board. While you may feel stuck with those dated built-ins and hardware, there are actually plenty of temporary kitchen upgrades that *don’t* involve losing your security deposit. Scroll down for a few ways that you can jazz up your space in just one day.
1. Create a Kitchen #Shelfie: Remove the cabinets from one bay and style your prettiest ceramics and canisters for an Instagram-worthy shelving moment.
2. Update the Fridge: Some peel-and-stick wallpaper is all you need to make an old refrigerator stand out. Go with a solid color or opt for a gorg pattern for a big statement.
3. Add More Storage: Bookshelves aren’t just for the living room and bedroom. Move a unit into the kitchen to show off your best glassware, colorful cookbooks, and lush plants.
4. Color Code Your Collection: Get some extra work out of your kitchenware by arranging it by hue and putting it on display.
5. Create an Arty Backsplash: No room in a sea of cabinets to hang your favorite prints? Get a little creative with your decor and use art as an edgy backsplash.
6. Switch up the Pulls: Replacing the cabinet hardware is a simple task that makes a HUGE difference. Just be sure to stow away the old knobs so that you can swap them back before you move.
7. Stock up on Storage: Maximize any limited cabinet and wall space by installing picture ledges/hooks for a little art, decor, and your favorite patterned kitchen textiles.
Looking for more rental upgrade ideas to accomplish this weekend? Follow us onPinterest for more home inspo!Allison WheelerAllison Collins lives in Denton, Texas with her husband and two dogs. She is a honky tonk connoisseur, Bruce Springsteen enthusiast, and proud member of the West Texas Cloud Appreciation Society.